I realize that Balanced Footsteps was pretty quiet over the last couple of months but I’m back and excited to continue to share my journey towards equilibrium.
The first half of 2011 is almost over and it has left me feeling a bit unbalanced. I believe change definitely brings growth but lately I feel as if I’m just trying to keep my head above water. Its times like this that really make me realize how important maintaining a healthy lifestyle is for me; physically, mentally and emotionally.
I’m excited to take the necessary steps to even things out and see what the second half of 2011 has in store. Here’s a sneak peak of some things to forward to!
1. I’m going to train for my 2nd marathon in a city where temperatures average 90⁰F from June to October. Race day is 10/9/11 and in Chicago!
2. The rest of 2011 is action packed with travel plans! Some are work related, others for pleasure. Check out what’s on the itinerary so far:
• Indian Wells, CA (leaving tomorrow!)
• Lake Tahoe, CA
• Portland, OR
• Santa Barbara, CA
• Sea Ranch, CA
• Chicago, IL
• Las Vegas, NV
3. My FIL is quite the horticulturist. I’m excited to learn how to grow my own food.
4. I get to finish a half marathon with the Giants in AT&T Park!
5. Thai food is much more than Pad Thai, you’ll see.
6. Now that the job hunt/relocation is over, here comes the fun stuff…wedding planning!
7. We’ll find out if I reach my 2011 miles in 2011 goal. (Or at least how close I get!)
8. I live with my future in-laws. Enough said.
Oh, I almost forgot – Happy National Running Day! I’ll be celebrating tonight with a glass of wine! Marathon training kicks off tomorrow!
This also marks my 100th blog post since I started this journey last July. That calls for another glass of wine! 😉 What?! Marathon training starts tomorrow!